4.18.2009

Swedish Fish: A Friend You Can Eat

While at work last week, a friend of mine e-mailed me these awesome Swedish Fish ads and they totally made my day! I love them! Of course, at first, I was a little confused. Why is that bunny sitting on a toaster pastry and covered with some sort of syrupy substance??? Why is that poor kitty sandwiched between two pieces of bread?? Why is the tagline A Friend You Can Eat????


I was starting to get creeped out until my friend pointed out that the word nej, which appears below the images on the left, means no. Ahhhh . . . the bunny and cat are examples of friends you can't eat, while the candy fish are safe to devour. I get it!! Okay, the A Friend You Can Eat line is still a little weird, but, you know, in a good way.

Actually, Swedish Fish are more animal friendly than you might think. Animal lovers will be happy to know, Swedish Fish are one of the few gummy candies that are in fact vegan! Well, as far as I can tell, anyway! No gelatin in these babies!


Click here to visit the Sweedish Fish Web site where you can check out some pretty funny commercials as well.

9 comments:

Laura said...

so funny! these are awesome.

frisian_mom said...

the teddy bear in the panini press would freak gretje out!

Y said...

Never heard of Swedish Fish before, but what cute ads! Especially the grilled teddy bear!

{Megan} Feasting on Art said...

I love your blog! I have it bookmarked to come back to again and again. Are you a Michigander?? I was born in MI, I miss it so so much!

dessert girl said...

Thanks, Megan! Yep, I'm a Michigander. Not born, but mostly bred. Michigan: we may have the worst economy in the country, but we're #1 in seat belt usage. We're #1! We're #1!

Jude said...

Awesome explanation hehe. That teddy bear is not looking to good with the grill marks on him though.

Justin said...

hysterical

Erica said...

OMG, I love swedish fish so much that I have to move them into the nej category pretty often in order to stay sane.

Jason said...

great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...