5.02.2009

Julie & Julia Trailer



Julie Powell, author of the blog/book Julie & Julia and hero to food bloggers everywhere, hits the big screen in August, in the film adaptation of her book. Well, more accurately, the adorable Amy Adams hits the big screen, playing Powell, while the planet's greatest living actress, Meryl Streep, tackles the part of Julia Child. Oh, and then there's Stanley Tucci and that strangely attractive guy who played Claire's boyfriend/husband on Six Feet Under as their spouses. I never read Powell's book and, yes, this is a Nora Ephron movie, so there is a definite possibility that it will break records in cheesiness, no pun intended, but I'm still excited to see it. I mean, it's an entire movie about food!! How bad could it be?? Okay, so it could be terrible, but what can I say, I'm trying to stay positive, at least for the time being. In the meantime, check out the trailer and the great poster below.


In an unrelated note, I've noticed lately that I've been getting a lot of hits from StumbleUpon, so I thought I'd make it easier for everyone by posting the SU button. Thanks to everyone who has already Stumbled something from my little site!! I'm always thrilled to see that someone liked a post enough to Stumble it. What can I say?? I'm a dork!!

3 comments:

Justin said...

i watched the trailer a few days ago, and now I want to see the movie. before I wasn't so sure, because I didn't understand how they were going to put the stories together. but it seems like the might have gotten it right. and I like amy adams.

Megan {Feasting on Art} said...

I read the book while I was snowed under due to a blizzard in Greece (I have the worst luck) and it is absolutely fantastic. I heard that they were making a movie and then promptly forgot about it until your post. I can hardly wait, thanks for sharing!!

dessert girl said...

Hey, Justin! Yeah, I like Ms. Adams, too. I remember seeing Catch Me If You Can and thinking, there's something about this girl that I really like. I should totally be a casting agent. Ha ha. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...