7.06.2010

The Mixing Bowl: Honey Joys by The Bunny Theory

This week’s recipe is by talented Australian artist, Carmen Hui (The Bunny Theory) whose Web site Forgotten Fancies I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a few weeks ago. Carmen's site focuses on chronically the various "stuff" in her life through illustration. She attempts to attach a level of meaning to each object and describes any significance it may (or may not) have had on her life. It's a really interesting and creative take on excess and the idea of putting a value on "things." It definitely makes you think about all the crap that you own. Maybe even making you think twice before you add something new to your collection! Hmmm . . . what am I going to think of these bright yellow flats in ten years?



For her Mixing Bowl contribution, Carmen has send us a recipe for Honey Joys, which are made almost entirely out of Corn Flakes! You know how I love a recipe with nontraditional ingredients and this one sounds really interesting! Also, it's super simple and not labor intensive, at all! I hope you'll get a chance to try the recipe! Let me know what you think! To check out Carmen's Web site, click here. Thanks, Carmen!

6 comments:

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Ooh I ahve that same Milky tin! I love Peko chan (and her boyfriend Poko). She either looks naughty as in sticking her tongue out defiantly or hungry!

Carolyn Jung said...

These illustrations are way too adorable! Love the solar owl one. It's a hoot! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Sarah Coggrave said...

Thanks for the recommendation - these illustrations are beautiful! And thank you also for being kind enough to comment on my blog :-)

Sarah x

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Cute illustrations! I love them.

Cheers,

Rosa

Katie Green said...

Yet another introduction to a wonderful artist, thank you! I'm oretty excited about the Honey Joys too (yes, its true, I'm a slack honey-eating kind of vegan)

dessert girl said...

Katie: We all have our weaknesses. :-) I've tried avoiding honey on occasion, but it never lasts very long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...