11.21.2010

Inspiration Board: Thanksgiving

A quick Thanksgiving Inspiration Board for everyone in the States. The holiday season sort of snuck up on me this year. Maybe because of all the warm weather that we've been having. Woo hoo! Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, I must insist that you click on the link to the Pies and Tarts slideshow that appeared on the New York Times Web site earlier this week. (See Rye Pecan Pie below.) So many amazing pies for Thanksgiving or any time of the year. I swooned a little bit while looking at it. I want to make each and every one! Happy Thanksgiving!

[Pictured above] Thanksgiving Turkey Cake from Chow. It's the turkey, the sweet potatoes, and the mashed potatoes all in one. Plus, it looks like a cake! It reminds me a lot of the retro sandwich loafs that I wrote about earlier this year.


Thanksgiving Day Cookies by Eleni's ($65). Sooo cute! Check out the texture on the one in the upper left-hand corner.


Rye Pecan Pie from The New York Times. Perhaps, the most beautiful pecan pie ever! The crust is just gorgeous. Be sure to check out the Apple Green-Chili Pie as well for a unique spin on the classic dessert.


Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake from Woman's Day. I love a cake with distinct layers.

6 comments:

shaikha said...

Nice picture great choice :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh that cake looks scrumptious but those turkeys are simply amazing! :o

MB said...

That first cake makes me wish I ate meat!

Spangles Sweets said...

The turkey cakes look funny but delectable. So cuuute!!

Thanks for putting up this list together.

shaikha said...

i love dessert

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What luscious desserts! They all look mighty delicious. Yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...