7.18.2011

Giga Pudding


If you were to ask me, Hey, Erin, what is Giga Pudding, exactly? I would not be able to give you an answer. Apparently, it is a type of pudding. A type of pudding that comes in a bucket. A type of pudding that comes in a bucket and wobbles a lot. Quite frankly, Giga Pudding reminds me more of a toy, than something that is meant to be consumed, which is not surprising given that it's manufactured by a Japanese toy company. It's a food toy, not unlike the Easy Bake Oven of my youth, and I can see how it would appeal to kids. On the other hand, unlike the Easy Bake Oven, Giga Pudding seems to be marketed to adults as well as children, as you can see in this hilarious commercial. I will probably never actually eat Giga Pudding, unless it's on a dare, but I can watch this commercial over and over again. I do quite enjoy watching things wobble. To visit the Giga Pudding website, click here.


7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I think I've had that pudding in Japan but I didn't know that it was called a giga pudding. From memory it tasted just like a creme caramel.

Forgotten Fancies said...

That is too hilarious! I need to get myself some Giga Pudding. In fact, I need it for the next presentation at work!

Katja said...

haha that's so cute! I wonder what it taste like. It looks like a giant creme brulee

dessert girl said...

Lorraine & Pink: I found out that it actually is a creme caramel! I can't guarantee that it tastes like one, but that is the intention.

Carmen: Ha, I know! It makes me want to bring a Giga Pudding to the next meeting!

tiesha said...

:) Erin, if you bring a Giga pudding to the next meeting make sure you invite me! :) Miss u!!!

dessert girl said...

Consider yourself invited!! :-)

Katharine said...

I had a pudding like that while living in Japan. It's a vanilla pudding with a chocolately caramel topping. The consistancy is a combo between pudding and gelatin. I never saw it huge like that! We had them in little individual containers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...